Author Topic: Timer on Tuner 2 (slave) freezes  (Read 14064 times)

BruceMutton

Timer on Tuner 2 (slave) freezes
« on: February 12, 2010, 12:54:08 pm »
Hi
Have been using my multiroom box successfully for 16 months, using the timer on the second tuner to change channels automatically in the background so that my computer can record it's output on an RF circuit.

About two(?) months ago the timer stopped changing the channels.  It seems to think a programe is in progress continuously and will not let the user alter that line on the timer screen, nor will it action the other timer lines when they come due.

We are able to manually change the channels on the slave even though the timer is locked, so that is some consolation, if we remember to change it!

I have reset the whole device and reconfigured it. On the first timer use, the channel is changed correctly but then the timer locks on that channel, and will not action further timer entries.

So we are doing nothing different and it has suddenly stopped working.
Any ideas why?  Not an automatic software download from the satellite by any chance?

Solutions?

Thanks in advance
Bruce

DTVS

• Administrator
Re: Timer on Tuner 2 (slave) freezes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:27:09 am »
Hi Bruce

When you performed a factory reset did you do this from tuner 1 or tuner 2?

BruceMutton

Re: Timer on Tuner 2 (slave) freezes
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:50:50 pm »
Sorry about the long time between posts!  I must see if I can get this forum to email me....
As I recall I did a factory reset from tuner 1 AND from tuner 2.  I forget the order however.
We are still languishing with manual channel changing of the slave.